Friday 2 September 2011

Review: Sleek Monaco Palette (Mediterranean Collection) + swatches!

Hey everyone! This my review for the Sleek idivine Monaco palette, from the limited edition Mediterranean Collection. There was also a Pout Polish and a Blush but I didn't get either of those. The palette cost £6.49 and you can buy Sleek Makeup in Superdrug stores and also online.
The packaging is fairly strong and sturdy, its plain black and just looks...well sleek! Its also got a good sized mirror so you could use it to do your makeup if you needed to. It looks quite expensive as well and although its quite strong I would be careful about taking this travelling because the shadows have a tendecny to break. The first Sleek palette I bought I stupidly forgot to look inside it because I had looked inside another one  and the case on that particular one was quite hard to open, after I bought it I realised 2 shadows were completely broken and unuseable. That was nice. I guess it will teach me to look inside palettes before I buy them!

I love how they have put the peice of plastic inside with the names of the shadows on! Makes things so much easier! There are 7 matte shades, 4 metallic and 1 kind of shimmery. Although in a couple of the matte shades I can see tiny bits of sparkle. I absolutely ADORE the shadows from Sleek, they are SUPER pigmented and last a long time! =) the colours are also amazing. Although I don't use mattes that often, I was suprised at how much i was using these matte shades! They arent chalky and although they're not quite as pigmented as the metallic shades they are still 100x more pigmented than a lot of other eyeshadows I have!
Here are some swatches! =) These are all swatched without a primer, just to show how pigmented they are! though i would still reccomend using a primer because the shadows may stain your lids.


From right to left:
Bamboo: sorry not showing up well on camera because its very close to my skin tone! Its matte, pale, perfect highlight colour!
Aquamarine: Matte medium blue, (I love the amazing blues in this palette!)
Midnight Garden: Ridiculously pigmented matte navy blue, you actually have to be careful you don't pick up too much of this because otherwise you look a bit like you've been hit in the face because it is very pigmented!
Sunset: I managed to get the camera to pick up the sheen on this. Its a metallic fairly dark bronze colour, I love this one! Really goregous with blue eyes!

Again from right to left (sorry my camera isnt focusing very well on the colours!)
Washed Ashore: Lovely shimmery medium orange.
Magenta Madness: Bright, bold hot barbie pink, pigmented nearly as much as Midnight Garden!
Summer Breeze: Matte, sky blue.
Sandwalker: Matte dusty grey/brown, good as blending colour!




These are some of my favourite colours, they are so pigmented and the three metalic ones just scream "summer" at me. I think the three metallic ones are my favourites.
(Right to left)
Kiwi Zest: Bright, metallic lime green, absolutely amazing colour, reminds me of tropical islands!
Lotus Flower: A beautiful metallic lilac colour.
Hummingbird: One of my  alltime favourites, the most amazingly pretty medium but bright blue.
Moors Treasure: A richly pigmented marroon colour.

So all in all I'm so glad I got this palette! You may be able to still get it on the Sleek webisite so its worth looking! Although I would like more metallic shades rather than matte I still love the colour selection in the palette because you can create soft looks (eg with the pale blues) or really bold, dramatic looks (with the Magenta Madness for example!) so I really love this palette!

Thanks for reading, and have a good day! =D xx

No comments:

Post a Comment