Saturday 10 September 2011

Review: Sleek Ink Pot Eyeliner Gel (Black)

Hey everyone! I'm going to do a review for the Sleek Ink Pot Eyeliner Gel, the only colour I have is in "Dominatrix" but according to other people there are other colours available. I've only ever seen the black shade though. This cost me about £4.50 or something near that, definitely under a fiver, it was more than the £4.30 that is shown on the website. I bought this in Superdrug which as far as I know is the only shop that stocks Sleek, but you can also get it online at: http://www.sleekmakeup.com/en/products/ink-pot-dominatrix-336.aspx

It comes in a pretty little glass jar with pink writing on it, it's a screw top. I like the glass jars as the liner doesn't dry out as fast. The liner itself is a very dark bold black, but it's not the deepest black I've seen. It goes on quite smoothly. On the website it says it is waterproof...I'm not sure I would say its completely water proof, maybe water resistant..but it certainly lasts a long time. I've been wearing it to school recently on my upper lashline and it's lasted very well all day on me. The colour at the end of the day is almost as bold as it was when I first applied it. I have swatched it before and then washed my hand and it stayed on a bit so I think in the rain you would be safe with this, just as long as it wasnt too heavy rain or it might smudge a bit!

As you can see it comes with a TINY little brush. I mean really small. Its quite fiddly to use, and slips out your hand a bit but it's not so bad that you can't apply the liner with it. but I would definitely recommend buying a seperate longer liner brush to use it with, it gives a better more defined look. But I do sometimes (when I'm feeling lazy) use the litttle brush.

Basicaly for the price this is a great liner to have. As usual from sleek its pigmented and longlasting, and thats amazing to find for under a fiver. The only critisim really is the tiny fiddly brush, but it's still a nice touch and if you didnt have another liner brush is still (for me at least) perfectly useable.
Hope you enjoyed my review! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment