Wednesday 7 September 2011

Review: Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse Foundation!

Hey everyone! This is my review for the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse Foundation - The first foundation I ever owned! =)
You can get Maybelline in loads of places...you can get it in Superdrug, Boots and also supermarkets like Tescos ect. This costs about £7-8 pounds, i can't quite remeber but I think it was £7!
I first got this foundation after my sister had one that she gave to me and I loved it so much I had to repurchase it after it ran out. My shade is 020 Cameo, but there is quite a good range of colours.

Theres very little point me doing a swatch as its pretty much my skin tone colour, and its also the same colour as the packaging! The coverage isnt really amazing, its probably about light- medium, but for everyday its great or if you want a natural look without looking like you have loads of foundation on. What I love about the foundation is the texture. Its REALLY light, so much so that you don't notice it on your skin, so if you hate that feeling when you can feel foundation on your face this would be great for you. The texture when you first buy it is very different to how it goes after you've had it for a while, when mine ran out and I had to buy a new one i was suprised at how...damp it felt! Damps probably the wrong word, but it felt more creamy, but because I had my first one for a LONG time it had dried out and gone slightly crumbly. But dont worry, it wont do this too soon, I had had my first one for literally a couple of years! The new one that i got i've had for a quite a few months now and its not as creamy as it used to be,but its still a lovely lightweight texture. When this one runs out I'm going to buy yet another one! Its also quite easily blended.
The packaging is a really sturdy and strong glass container, perfect for throwing into a bag to take with you somewhere, I also like the screw top because its very secure. I think one pot will last you a while because I've had mine for a while and I use it most days and although I've made a really large dip in it, I only use a little bit at a time and I've got loads left. This will last quite a lot of the day for me, about 6-8 hours, but I guess on other people it would be slightly different. If I lose any its because I've wiped my face with a sleeve or something similar and it does come off a bit.

So if you want a lightweight, natural looking foundation then this would be a very good one to use! Unlike some liquid foundations it doenst feel sticky or greasy on the skin, and it would also be good for school.

Thanks for reading and I will put more posts up soon!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment