Wednesday 31 August 2011

Review: E.L.F Liquid Eyeliner in "Plum"

Hey everyone! This is my review for the E.L.F Liquid Eyeliner in "Plum". These cost $1.50 from the website (www.eyeslipsface.com) and there are a few other colours available, but I got this one as I already have a few black liquid eyeliners!
The packaging is long and thin, and the handle is also quite long which doenst bother me, but it might do some people. This liquid eyeliner has a sponge brush, and personally I prefer the brush applicators because I guess they could be slightly harder to use, but you get a pecise line and the spnonge applicator puts loads of product on one half of the line and not enough on the other, it just doenst spread the product very well in my opinion. Heres a swatch:
The picture isnt showing it up too well, but the product isnt spread very evenly, but the thing I don't really like aabout this is the colour. The bottle is a shimmery plum colour, and I naturally assumed the product inside was going to be the same, but its just a flat, matte brown. Not really what I was expecting. I was dissapointed at the colour to be honest, I wouldnt really call it plum, I'd call it brown! And I think it is a little misleading to have a shimmery bottle because I assumed the liner would be the same colour as the bottle!

But apart from that, the liner was ok. Not great, but ok. I wouldnt repurchase this to be honest, the colour is fine (in terms of pigmentation) but its just not a colour I would ever really wear, I bought it a while ago and apart from testing it out I havent really worn it because it's not a colour I would wear. I would wear a plum though! The liner lasted all day on me, but I dont normally have much of a problem with that sort of thing anyway.
All in all, its not too bad for the price, you just have to watch what colour youre actually buying! And if you prefer sponge applicators! =) I think the black would be ok becauase you can't get very much variation in that colour, but I don't think I'll buy any of these again, not unless they come out with a colour thats really unique!

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed my review!
Have a good day! =) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment