Sunday 21 August 2011

Review:Miss Sporty Studiolash Waterproof Mascara

Hey everyone! Before I start I want to say sorry this is my first blog post.. =/ was meaning to do some as soon as I created my blog but got distracted by summer! Summer is my favourite week of the year in England! =P Thank you very much for reading my blog, I will be putting up more posts very soon!

So I have very little experience with waterproof masaras (Ok none. This is the first waterproof mascara I've bought!) but me and my friends were planning on going to see the last harry potter film, (yes, we went on the first night it was out and yes we dressed up =)) and being a MASSIVE harry potter fan I anticipated some tears. I didn't know how much I was going to use a waterproof mascara after this one occasion, so I looked for one that was fairly cheap and came across the Miss Sporty Studiolash Waterproof Masara. There are quite a few Miss Sporty mascaras but this is the only one I have. At the time I bought this I think I paid around £3 for it, I got it from Boots but you can also buy it in superdrug.

(Picture from google so I take no credit)
So it says:
"Ultimate eye opening mascara with dual action applicator for instant lash sculpting effect with perfect separation. lashes are lifted up to 70% and up to 60% longer. Zero clumps.Smudge and smearproof."

Hm. It has a rubber brush that is flexible, which I have found does seperate my lashes fairly well, though I do have to run through my lashes with a lash comb afterwards. It is definitely not "Zero clumps", though I do prefer rubber wands to the bristle ones. This mascara does have a weird smell to it, so if thats the kind of thing that puts you off then I wouldn't recommend this. Personally my biggest problem is the length of time it takes to dry on my lashes. When I first apply it I have to be very careful not to blink (which lets face it, is pretty hard, even more so if you're in a rush!) whilst it dries or you'll end up with big black smears of mascara all over your face. Its quite a thick formula, I think. Once its on, I didnt have a problem with smearing (but I normally don't) and once I came out of the cinema I have to admit I was pleased that it had stayed on my lashes pretty well. (Although I was being careful to wipe my eyes just incase) so I would say that for me, this stays on quite well through tears ect. The waterproof-ness is good, drying time is not so good.

But hey, this is only a few pounds. If you need a quick waterproof mascara for a special occasion then its not a bad thing, but the drying time REALLY is annoying for me. I don't personally like having big black smears around my eyes. I won't repurchase this, and although it was pretty waterproof, I think I'll look for something else thats not going to take so long to dry this time!

Thanks for reading! Talk to you all soon,
Libby xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment