Sunday 21 August 2011

Review: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils (Black Bean, Milk and Pots & Pans)

Hey everyone! Today I'm going to review the three NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, the three shades I have are: Black Bean (Matt black), Milk (Matt white) and Pots & Pans (Shimmery silver)

I can't remeber how much I paid for them but I think it was less than £4 each. NYX is very hard to find in the UK, so I had to order mine online from Ebay, I got them in a lot together. I just had to buy some of these after seeing them in so many makeup tutorials on youtube! The only equivilant I can think of are the Barry M Supersoft Eye Crayons, but they are not as creamy in texture.

Lets start with Black Bean:
As you can see its a matt black, I love the texture of these, very creamy and soft. If I set this with a black eyeshadow it will last a LONG time on me, but they also blend pretty well if you don't set them. Its very pigmented, but I wouldn't recommend as a base because these do crease a lot, (because they're so creamy) but they are still very useful. The black is a very intense black. (sorry for the photo quality!)

Milk:

Milk is the second swatch down. Like Black Bean, it is a very pigmented, creamy pencil. I use this as an inner eye highlight in the tearduct and also just below the brow nearly every day, it works so well as a highlight! Again, I have tried using this as a base but it creased within a couple of hours. I'd never experienced creasing before these so I never have a problem with creasing. Very pigmented.

Pots & Pans is the one liner I haven't so useful, but it's still a great colour to have!
It is a very pretty, shimmery, fairly light silver. Like the others, creamy, pigmented ect. This one I've used as a base (but not on the whole lid because it will crease, I only used it on the inner third) and it worked well, I think I've been neglecting it a bit!

These are amazing quality for the price! I only wish NYX was available in the UK. =( Its a shame about the creasing, but I do love them even so! My favourite is the milk, as it makes such an amazing highlight! Would recommend, not the best product in the world, but very good quality for money and very useful and versitile!

Have a good day! =)
Libby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment