Sunday 21 August 2011

Review:Cosmopolitan Smokey Eyes Brush Set

Hey Everyone! This is a review for the Cosmopolitan Smokey Eyes Brush Set. I got this for £6.99 from a tescos. The set comes with three brushes:
Smokey Eyes Base Brush
Smokey Eyes Angled Brush
Smokey Eyes Smudge Brush

The Angled Brush is the one I use the most, it has really thin, but sturdy hairs, so you can get a precise line, or a thicker line. The only thing with this is that because its so firm, its not very forgiving if you poke yourself in the eye (something I tend to quite frequently do when I'm using this brush near my lower lash line!) but all in all a very useful brush. 


The Base Brush is also very useful. Unlike the angled one, the hairs are softer and smoother. It's not firm enough for patting colour on the lid, but its good for adding a sweep of colour, or even for applying shadow in the outer corners or creating an "outer v" with eyeshadow.

The Smudge brush is tiny! Its really small, which I guess is a good thing. This is probably the brush I use least out of all of them. It tugs on your eyelids a bit and if i need to smudge out eyeshadow I use my E.L.F crease brush. But if you didnt have that, then this does work to smudge eyeshadow, it just tugs rather a bit, but at the same time feels fairly delicate, I'd be a bit wary of breaking it somehow! But it would still work well I think, just don't throw it around too much!

All in all this would be a great brush set for beginners especially. Its quite cheap for 3 brushes and they're all good quality. They're all quite small, but you can build up a really good smokey look with them. It even gives instructions on the packet on how to create a smokey eye which i thought was good! It would be great if you're just starting out with make up or even if you've been doing it for a long time! I use these brushes all the time and I'm very glad I bought them!

Have a good day =)
Libby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment