Tuesday 4 October 2011

Review: Barry M Supersoft Eye Pencils VS NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils

Hey! I thought I'd do a review on the Barry M Supersoft Eye Pencils, and compare them to the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils! =)



I have two of the colours:
No 1:  A Matte Black
No 5: A shimmery lilac

These are kinda the English equivalent to the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, seeing as I have both, I can make a few comparisons to the two products! You can buy Barry M in Boots and Superdrug, it's not that hard to find! I think these were £2.99each, I'm not 100% sure how much the NYX ones are but I'm pretty sure they are less that $5 each. So in price, the twoarent that different really.



Both shades of the Barry M pencils are very well pigmented, and as the name suggests, soft.They are crayon-ey (?) in texture  but not at all waxy...in comparison to the NYX ones they are less creamy, the NYX ones are VERY creamy and  easily smudged, which could make it harder for them to last all day, so if you have a problem with that then I think  the Barry M ones would last slightly longer. I NEED to set the NYX ones with powder, otherwise they get all over my eyelid, but setting the barry M ones isnt crucial because they arent as creamy. In that way, I kind of prefer the Barry M ones because you don't have to set them and they arent as messy. The NYX ones are bolder, and more pigmented though, but if you DID set the Barry M ones with powder I think they turn out pretty much the same as the NYX ones.

The lavender shade is slightly less pigmented, and also is slightly less creamy than the black pencil, its slightly more metalic in finish. These pencils smudge, but without making a huge mess like the NYX ones have a tendency to do if you're  doing it in a rush.

All in all, if you couldnt get a hold of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, these Barry M ones would be a very good duplicate. I do love the NYX ones, but I use them for slightly different things. The NYX ones are great for using as a base, and  are REALLY creamy and bold and pigmented and very useful and versitile, the Barry M ones are easier to get (if you're in the UK obviously) and create more of a smokey look, they are slightly easier to use and (I think) are slightly cheaper. Both have quite a good range of colours, but I think the Barry M ones have more shades because they also have glitter shades, as well as mattes and shimmers. I think NYX do have lots of shades but I dont THINK as much as Barry M.

Two very good products, I'm very glad to have both of them as I use them for different things! =)
Hope you enjoyed my review! =) x

No comments:

Post a Comment