Wednesday 5 October 2011

Review: Max Factor Eyeshadows in Inca Bronze and Passionate Plum

Hey everyone! =) here is my review for a couple of Max Factor eyeshadows I got a while back. The first one is in Inca Bronze and the second in Passionate Plum. Inca Bronze is a medium gold colour and Passionte Plum a deep...well Plum colour! They are both shimmery, but Inca Bronze is more shimmery, Passionate Plum has a  few paler purple sparkles in it.
I can't actualy remeber how much these were and I can tseem to track them down on the Boots website (where I got them) but I think they were around £5. You can buy Max Factor pretty much everywhere, Boots, Superdrug, Tescos, Sainsburys ect.

In all honesty, these arent the best eyeshadows I've ever tried. I bought them around christmas time (I told you it was a while ago!) because there was one of those "Spend a certain amount of money and we'll give you free stuff" deals on, and i tend to gravitate towards those deals. I chose these two eyeshadows and a concealer because at the time I hadnt tried out much Max Factor Makeup. These shadows are...ok. I like the colours, and the pigmnetation isnt BAD but not good either. They are quite hard in texture and it takes a lot of building up to get a good colour. They also fade quite easily, and the Passionate Plum faded to a kind of grey/mauve colour on me after a while.  Inca Bronze was definitely the more pigmented of the two.

The photo is terrible, but the pigmentation really isnt amazing. I prefer the Inca Bronze colour to the Passionate Plum, it's just prettier, but both you need a primer with and they both are quite hard, so you need to pack them on. I havent bought any other max factor eyeshadows since, they werent by far the worst eyeshadows I've tried, they just werent good enough for me to consider buying again! I still use them from time to time.

Hope you enjoyed my review! Thanks for reading =) x

No comments:

Post a Comment