Friday 9 December 2011

Review NYX Eye shadow Bases in Skin Tone, Pearl and White

Hi everyone! This is my review for all three of the NYX eye shadow bases. There are three shades: Skin Tone, Pearl and White. These are about $5 (I think) in America and I found mine on eBay for a similar price. These claim to make eye shadow “Hold, intensify and last longer”. They are all in a little plastic jar with a screw on lid, quite neat and compact, although if possible I’d prefer not to have to stick my finger into the product itself.


From left to right: White, Skin Tone, Pearl
The Skin Tone and White bases are both quite sticky, the peal one not as much. They all do help make the shadows stick on and appear brighter, but I think you have to use the right base for the right colour. Neutrals for example will work much better for the Skin Tone base than any of the others. The colour of them wil show through a little bit so you want to be careful which one you use for each colour. The Pearl one is nice, as it gives a sparkle to any colour you put on to of it (some people have said they use this one as a cheek highlight, but personally this makes look like a Christmas tree). I haven’t noticed that they make the shadows last much longer, but maybe a little bit. The Skin Tone and White bases really help when packing shadow onto the lid.

One thing I’m just going to say is that I really hate the smell. They smell like some weird sort of soap. I don’t know if they are trying to cover up a chemically smell from the product itself with this floral smell, but it is awkward having someone ask you whether you smell something and you have to say its your eyes. (Ok, slight exaggeration).
Overall,  these are good to have, if you can get hold of them easily, but if you can’t it isn’t too bad a loss. They are useful to have and I use them quite frequently, but I’m sure there are other products that do the same thing, and maybe some that don’t smell as much as these do. I’ve swatched them on my hand and I’ve just had to go and wash it off as I swatched them fairly heavily and the smell was driving me up the wall.
Thanks for watching, I hope you enjoyed my review!
 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment