Thursday 1 December 2011

Review: L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black

Hi everyone! This is a review for the L’Oreal voluminous mascara in Carbon Black. I had to try this mascara out after someone on YouTube mentioned it as being their favourite drugstore mascara. In the UK you could buy this most places you can get L’Oreal, its definitely in Boots. It sells for about £6-8. (In boots is £8.49, but I’ve checked on other online stores and you may be able to get it cheaper) It comes in two colours, Black and Carbon Black. Since I like really dark lashes I got the Carbon Black one. This mascara promises x5 volume and no clumping.

It comes in a blister packet which I really like because then you know someone hasn’t opened it and used it... ew. I’m always VERY suspicious of mascaras that are just there on the shelf.... The mascara tube itself is pretty standard...plastic, black with gold writing, not anything too different from any other mascaras I have.

In terms of colour, this is great. The colour is a very intense black; very bold and pigmented. It also gives incredible volume, and I’ve got no other mascara like it. The volume this gives makes my Maybelline the Falsies (my previous favourite volumising mascara) seem weak in comparison. And while I still love my Maybelline mascara for more everyday use, if I’m doing a dramatic look i love having this as a thickening mascara to give a false lash effect. I would have to say this probably does live up to its “x5 volume” claim. However the same cannot be said for its “no clumping” promise. I generally have to spend a while brushing through with a lash come after using this. But thats not too bad, and if you apply this slowly and carefully there shouldn’t be much of a problem. This does take a few seconds to try, so be careful not to blink to hard or sneeze whilst is drying (I made this mistake once and ended up with a eyes that looked like I’d covered in mascara for a joke).  I didn’t get any flaking or smearing once it had dried throughout the day with this, but then that’s never normally a problem for me anyway.
In all, I love this mascara. I should trust beauty gurus on YouTube more often. It’s the mascara i reach for when I’m doing a more dramatic look, and it works great for it.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my review! x

No comments:

Post a Comment