Tuesday 13 December 2011

Benefit Erase Paste VS Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer

Hey everyone! On my quest to find a concealer that will cover up my permanent dark circles I’ve stumbled across these two from Benefit, so I thought I would compare them both to see which was better.  To organise things a little I have divided qualities into categories: Packaging, Texture, Coverage, and Durability. These can be found anywhere you can buy benefit, including boots and department stores. They are both pricey. The Boi-ing Industrial strength concealer is £16.50 and Erase Paste is a similar price, (Mine is a mini one from the “finding Mr Bright” Kit. Both come in 3 shades, Light, Medium and Dark.
Boi-ing
Erase paste

Packaging:
The full sized versions come in cute little boxes, and as far as I know both of the full sized versions are plastic with screw tops (though my mini version of Erase Paste has a glass jar). Both products recommend you use you finger to apply this...
Texture:
These two have surprisingly different textures. The Erase Paste is thicker and more creamy, but a little sticky. The Boi-ing is a little on the greasy side, and is thinner texture.
Coverage:
In all honestly the Erase Paste has better coverage for me, but is slightly sticky. (My one also has the added bonus of being the Medium shade, which is orangey in tone and disguises bluish veins under my eyes) I got the Boi-ing in Fair which is pretty much exactly my skin tone, but its just a little bit more slippery and it does have good coverage(better than most concealers) but it still isn’t worth the £16.50 price tag. Neither of them are really, but I prefer the Erase Paste.
Durability:
 Both of these seem to sink into fine lines around my eyes (and I’m only a teenager, I cant imagine the problems that would occur if I had a few more wrinkles) which is really annoying. I have to set both of these with a powder, as I cant stand the sticky feeling under my eyes, and this also then settles into my fine lines which is really irritating. They will both last about 6-8 hours on me, but that’s if I can stand to see the creasing in my fine lines, or the stickiness if risk not using powder.
To be honest, I don’t think either of these are worth the money, though if i had to choose one I prefer, its the erase paste. This is because at least the better coverage makes up for the stickiness of it. If they were a little cheaper, they would be worth the money more. I will happily use up the rest of both of these, but I wont repurchase them.
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my review!

No comments:

Post a Comment